Recently I was asked:
How do you stay up-to-date with Google algorithm changes big and small?
This is a great question and I’ve a few different sources to share.
Primarily, I use the following 4 search engine results page (SERP) tracking tools to monitor flux:
- SERPS.com – https://serps.com/tools/volatility
- SERPMetrics.com - http://serpmetrics.com/flux/
- MozCast – http://mozcast.com/
- Algoroo – http://algoroo.com/
The above provide a good steer around search engine ranking changes, I find Algoroo to be one of the most helpful.
From there, I’d usually visit the following resources:
- Moz Google Algorithm Change History – http://moz.com/google-algorithm-change
- Google Webmaster Central Blog – http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/
- WebmasterWorld (Google Section) – http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/
All of the above provide on the pulse information, especially WebmasterWorld which has real website owners and marketers sharing there observations.
And if the above don’t shed any light, I’d turn to the following industry leading blogs: