My top 53 Google Chrome Extensions for SEOs, Designers and more…
Following on from my last Google Chrome Extensions post (published 24/01/2011), here is an updated and comprehensive list of my top 53 Google Chrome Extensions for SEOs, designers, bloggers, developers and more.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO):
- Chrome SEO - The Google Chrome SEO Extension. All the SEO Stats and Tools you need to make daily SEO easier. The MOST popular Chrome SEO Plugin!
- Google Similar Pages beta (by Google) - Discover webpages similar to the page you’re currently browsing.
- Chrome Flags - Porting of FlagFox to Chrome. Displays a country flag indicating the location of the websites you’re visiting.
- SEO Site Tools - On-Page / External metrics, Social Media info, PR / numbering on Yahoo, Bing, Google SERPs.Extends WMT, YSE and GA with metrics.
- Google Date Search - ”Last updated date of the site” is displayed in the retrieval result of Google.
- Google Global - Search Google on different countries.
- META SEO inspector - Useful to inspect the meta data found inside web pages, usually not visible while browsing.
- Mozbar – The SEOmoz Mozbar.
- Nofollow Spotter - Auto detect nofollow links & Pages with a meta robots containing noindex,nofollow – Nofollow Spotter by Dries Bultynck.
- PageRank Status - Shows Google PageRank and AlexaRank of current web page, quick access to Geo IP Location, Whois, Alexa, backlinks and indexed pages.
- SEO SERP - SEO SERP now is a Web app too, with different features like multiple projects, easyer interface and so on.
- SeoQuake - SeoQuake is a SEO extension (toolbar) for Google Chrome, it shows PageRank, Alexa and tons of SEO parameters, also works in SERP.
- Show Title Tag - Shows title in top of the page, since you cant read the title in the small tabs. Created by Martin Dalgaard.
- Similar Websites - Suggests relevant and similar Websites, Images and Videos to the topic of your interest!
- Sitez Traffice Meter - Show you traffic charts from Google Trends, Alexa and Compete side by side.
- Ultimate Chrome Flag - This extension displays country or region name, Geo, Google PageRank, Alexa Rank and WOT info for the websites you’re visiting.
- View Page as Text - View this page as text using the W3.org html2txt tool (similar to Lynx).
Social / Blogging:
- StumbleUpon - Discover the best of the web!
- Blog This! (by Google) - Adds a BlogThis! button to the browser toolbar, which lets you post to your Blogger blog from any webpage with just one click.
- Delicious Bookmarks Extension - Delicious Bookmarks is the official Chrome extension for Delicious, the world’s leading social bookmarking service.
- Digg for Chrome - See what is being discovered and shared on Digg.
- Diigo Bookmark, Archive, Highlight & Sticky-Note - Highlighter & post-it notes, bookmark & archive. All-in-one research tool.
- Posterous for Chrome - I love Posterous and use the bookmarklet a lot, so I thought it’d be handy to use an icon instead of the bookmarks bar.
- ScribeFire - An easy-to-use blog editor lets you post to all of your blogs.
- Share on Tumblr - Based on Tumblr’s “Share on Tumblr” bookmarklet, adds one-click submission to your tumblelog.
- TweetMeme - Retweet the hottest stories on Twitter with TweetMeme.
Developers / Designers:
- IE Tab – Display web pages using IE in a tab.
- Firebug Lite - Firebug Lite for Google Chrome, supported by the Firebug Working Group.
- Web Developer - Adds a toolbar button with various web developer tools. The official port of the Web Developer extension for Firefox.
- IE Tab Classic - Internet Explorer inside Chrome.
- Eye Dropper - Eye Dropper is open source extension which allows you to pick colors from web pages, color picker and your personal color history.
- MeasureIt! - Draw out a ruler that will help you get the pixel width and height of any elements on a webpage.
- Pendule - Web developer tools for Chrome.
- Chrome IE Tab Multi - MultiTab type IE inside Chrome. This is the neatest one among other IE extensions.
- XML Tree - Displays XML data in a user friendly way.
- CSS Reloader - CSS Reloader is a browser extension, that allows you to reload CSS without reloading the page itself.
- Resolution Test - An extension for developers to test web pages in different screen resolutions, with an option to define your own resolutions.
- Speed Tracer (by Google) - Get insight into the performance of your web applications.
- Validity - Click the icon in the address bar or press Ctrl+Alt+V to validate the current page.
- goo.gl URL Shortener - Shorten url with goo.gl, the Google URL shortener.
- SearchPreview - Adds preview images (thumbnails) to your Google™ search results.
- Highlight to Search (by Google) - Highlight to Search allows you search keywords by highlighting instead of typing them into a search box.
- Scroll To Top Button - Adds a scroll to top or bottom button.
- Autofill - Fill form fields automatically on page load.
- Chrome Notepad - A very simple notepad for Chrome with sync functionality.
- Google Dictionary (by Google) - View definitions easily as you browse the web.
- Google Mail Checker - Displays the number of unread messages in your Google Mail inbox. You can also click the button to open your inbox.
- RSS Subscription Extension (by Google) - Adds one-click subscription to your toolbar.
- SpeakIt! - Tired of reading? Select text you want to read and listen to it. SpeakIt converts text into speech so you no longer need to read.
- Turn Off the Lights - The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the video as if you were in the cinema.
- Tab Menu - Select, close, rearrange, and search your tabs from a toolbar menu!
Arranging your Chrome Extensions in your browser:
One thing I have found is keeping your extensions organised can be quite a task so here is a quick and easy way.
Select the end of the address bar by holding the left mouse button and dragging to the right:
You will then be left with a simple and clean drop down menu which you can order further by dragging and dropping:
If you know of any other Chrome Extensions not included, drop them in the comments box below.
Enjoyed this SEO post? Share it with others
Read more related SEO posts
- My top Google Chrome extensions to help with SEO…
- My top 10 tips for designing a Google/SEO friendly website
- Do W3C validated websites help with SEO and better rankings in Google
- My top 37 points your website needs from the offset to be SEO friendly…
- Google Panda/Farmer update is coming to Google UK