SEO Question: Does the ‘strong’ tag impact SEO?
SEO Question: Does the ‘strong’ tag impact search engine optimisation?
Great question, but the short answer is “no”. Back in 1996 it may have been a small contributing factor but not today.
The strong tag (aka the bold tag) does have another propose.
So lets say we have an article that’s quite wordy. We all know the average web user isn’t going to read it all so this is where the strong tag can be of used.
Emphasising keywords or sentences using the bold tag is a great way of getting the message across and noticed, this in turn is good for CRO.
As you can see from the image above, I used the strong tag quite a lot in this post to the key messages and facts across.
To conclude, the strong tag doesn’t help with SEO but can help the user identify key points, facts and also potential call to actions.
Picture courtesy of jepoirrier.
Enjoyed this SEO post? Share it with others
Read more related SEO posts
- SEO Question: Should I use the META description tag on my CMS
- SEO Question: What is the ideal length for the title/description tags
- SEO Question: How do I write the perfect title tag for SEO and Google?
- SEO Question: If I’m doing my own SEO, what should I do on a daily basis?
- SEO Question: Can you rank my website number 1 on Google?