Over the past few months I have written numerous DIY SEO tips and help guides to assist with better exposure in the search engines.
A recent reader of my blog commented that it would be a great to have all my popular SEO posts in a timeline which will create a DIY SEO guide.
Below I have split my SEO posts into 4 areas: Plan, Create, Launch & Maintain.
- Advice on starter hosting requirements
- FREE SEO Friendly Website Template
- Using Google and the tilde (~) symbol to source new keywords/variations
- 10 simple tips on how to source keywords
- What is the ideal length for the title/description tags
- Website structure and file/folder names for SEO
- 10 super quick on-page SEO tips for Google
- My top 10 tips for designing a Google/SEO friendly website
- How do I write the perfect title tag for SEO and Google?
- 15 tips on how to create a “conversion” friendly website
- How to optimise images for SEO, in 2 seconds
- Breadcrumb Links: Good or bad for SEO and keyword placement?
- My top 37 points your website needs from the offset to be SEO friendly
- Footer Links: Do they still help with SEO?
- Creating a SEO strategy with the KISS principle
- LDA / topic modelling explained and why its needed for SEO
- Keyword Density: Is it still important when writing quality web content?
- My top 10 WordPress Plugins for SEO
- CRO Tips: 10 annoying website features to avoid
- Do W3C validated websites help with SEO and better rankings in Google
- What is a sitemap and why do I need them on my website?
- My top 10 SEO tips for startups
- Basic SEO Link Factors
- Text Links vs. Image Links for SEO
- The beginners guide to link building (includes free list of link building directories)
- Out of the box link building tactics
- How to build 10 quality backlinks in 15 minutes
- Nofollow Links: Good or Bad for SEO?
- If I’m doing my own SEO, what should I do on a daily basis?
- How to improve or increase the crawl rate of your website
- Bing SEO, my top 10 tips
- How to upload web content with SEO in mind…
- Why does my site keep appearing and disappearing on Google?
- 3 step approach to video SEO
- Using social media for SEO and better rankings
- Why your business should be on Twitter
- How Twitter helps with SEO and the 17 signals to look for and adopt
- My top 53 Google Chrome Extensions for SEOs, Designers and more
- My top free SEO tools
- SEO reading list
Note: Please bookmark this post as I will be updating it further with more DIY SEO tips and information.
Updated on the 10/10/2011.