SEO Question: If I’m doing my own SEO, what should I do on a daily basis?
Great question, and something I’ve been asked many times. If you confident enough in doing your own SEO and understand the basics than these are the tasks you should be doing on a daily basis:
1. Link building – depending on the keyword and competitiveness I’d recommend anywhere between 5 – 40 links per day.
2. Networking with like-minded people on social networks and forums. These people can help spread the word about your website.
3. Check your website code, make amendments and increase the general speed of your website.
4. Evaluate what competitors are doing (i.e. check where they are getting links from).
5. Write great content, either on your website with general updates or using your blog.
7. Add your business to business networks and keep this information updated.
8. Optimise any images you add to your website to keep loading times down.
9. Check your statistics package (i.e. Google Analytics’s) for any spikes in traffic, new keyword searches or referring sites. From this you can start to target specific areas in your niche.
10. Read daily doses of SEO and social news to keep you up-to-speed with new developments and trends.
Credit: Keyboard image from SXC.hu