Within this post, I give an insight in to a friends website which I’ve been working on for the past 12 months and document all the processes I went through with a penalised domain.
Setting the scene
A good friend of mine purchased an online business in June 2012, this came with a website (the domain was around 6 years old), an Analytics account, Google Webmaster Tools and the like.
When the business was acquired the website ranked very well, mainly top 10 results for around 30 important and broad keywords which delivered traffic and enquires on a daily basis.
Once purchased, I got the chance to dig around the site along with looking into the backlink profile. It was clear that work was needed to be done. It’s important to note, I wasn’t involved in the business sale process and didn’t no anything about the domain until everything had been finalised.