As you will have seen and read on my blog, Google shares a lot of information around online marketing best practice and the like.
Matt Cutts, head of Webspam at Google, is the usual voice of all things search marketing and in my opinion does a great job with sharing helpful hints and tips – you can see many of his videos here and read his blog here.
But, I do wish I could reach out to Matt and ask him the following 10 questions… I’m only after ’yes’ or ‘no’ answers (but I would accept maybe for a few).
Note: All of my questions relate to potential updates and changes over the next 12 – 18 months.
1) Will the Google Penguin update become algorithmic like Panda?
2) Will there be a new algorithm update that will focus on social media manipulation, fake followers and so on?
3) Will Google put more weight on user interaction with search results as a way of determining further website quality and trust?
4) Will Google be clamping down on guest blog posting?
5) Will Google+ feature paid or sponsored ads within a user’s stream?
6) Will Google Webmaster Tools link data and keyword data become accurate?
7) Would Google every consider dropping links as an algorithmic signal?
8) Are there any additional Google+ business page features that will appear within search results? For example, a company’s logo instead of authorship.
9) Will we start to see search results that don’t deliver typical organic result? For example, will only feature paid ads, images, knowledge box, etc.
10) Are you going to continue creating Google Webmaster videos?